Digital Marketing Operations Manager
With a view to become the COO as the role and company grows.
To ensure efficient systems are in place, all existing systems are improved upon and further efficiencies implemented so the business can run as smoothly as possible, meeting the expectations of our clients, and the board.
To train heads of departments on all systems and ensure compliance of them, and that deadlines are continually hit, so that the work is being delivered to a high standard, and on time.
To ensure human resources, finance and office management departments are expanded, maintained and run efficiently, with a view to hiring specific staff to fill these roles in the near future.
- To take all operations tasks away from the CEO so his focus stays on growing the company.
- Improve and control smooth running of monthly client reporting system.
- Improve and control smooth running of finance month planning and invoicing.
- Control syncing of systems in place to ensure clients and information are correct between the systems.
- Train staff on systems and operations and manage compliance.
- Improve our systems so communications between departments improves and deadlines are hit with minimal wasted time and effort.
- To implement and maintain CRM and PM systems.
- To centralise and build HR and finance departments so systems are in place for new hires as the company grows.
- Fix any problems Account Managers, Department Heads and the CEO identify.
This is a new, full-time, London-based position for a Operations Manager.
You must be very detailed and a very logical character, be strong minded and a stickler for the rules in order to manage and improve our systems and procedures, ensure the smooth-sailing of work between departments and the syncing of all systems so that client information, strategies and costs are all correct for the invoicing stage.
You will need to ensure that work is being delivered on time, to budget and account managers/Heads of departments have their monthly planning complete and seamless delivery of work to our clients.
We want someone who has the confidence to take control and break things in order to improve our systems. If you believe ‘that there is a way around everything, it’s just a matter of finding it’, and are good at ‘finding it’, then this role is for you.
- Ability to develop people. Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future roles.
- Advocacy/Persuasion. Able to convince others of a conclusion or to pursue a course of action.
- Assertiveness. Moves quickly and takes a confident and forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Analytical ability. Can think logically on the basis of a set of rules and analyse situations using common sense.
- Attention to Detail. Thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a file.
- Calm under pressure. Maintains stable performance under pressure or stress.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative, in all modes of communication.
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Efficiency. Able to produce work significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has can-do attitude.
- Follow through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing less than the best.
- Multi-tasking. Can effectively juggle and prioritize competing demands.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Organisation and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient manner. Focuses on Key priorities
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Pro-activity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the firm.
- Responsiveness. Responds constructively and expediently to client and staff communications and requests.
- Sound Judgment. Capacity to assess situations or circumstances and draw sound conclusions
- Strategic thinking/adaptability. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Traditional Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Work ethic. Possesses strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Previous operations and management experience.
- Previous use of management systems and good technological affinity.
- Brief understanding of SEO, CRO, PPC & SM department practices.
- Experience with formulating, building and implementing operational systems.
- Experience with project management, time tracking and CRM tools.
What the job will entail:
- Must improve and control smooth running of systems and procedures (existing ones and new ones rolled out).
- Make sure month planning of strategy work is up to date by discussing with head of departments and account managers.
- Plan, prep and follow-up on meetings.
- Roll out new automation platforms management for systems to improve time and effort being used on systems.
- Fix all issues staff identify and take away problems from CEO.
- Systems compliance. Ensure all systems are synced regularly and that all information is correct between them.
- Run reports and confirm all staff strategies are up to date and deadlines are being met (booking meeting and discussing with staff members if not being done).
- Train Account Managers and Heads of Departments on procedures (existing ones and new ones rolled out).
- Manage SLA’s.
- Plan and control all change, making sure all staff understand and can use these easily.
- Ensure compliance by department heads on client reporting.
- Upkeep and control of existing internal systems.
- Monthly invoicing spreadsheets are up to date with correct clients and costs.
- Coordinate internal marketing.
- Cross department project management.
- Ensure smooth sailing of company.
The team you will be joining:
We are looking for a driven, hungry individual to join our awesome and already growing team.
On top of this, we want to make sure that each candidate is a good fit within our team and our company culture. We only want to work with candidates that reflect our core beliefs:
- Strive for excellence (not mediocrity)
- There is a way around everything. It’s just a matter of finding it.
- Choose Growth, Not Protection.
- Empower and inspire each other.
- Contribute your ideas, don’t simply take orders.
- Stay lean, go fast and break things.
- Never stop learning, Be Curious and Adapt to win.
What you will get:
- To get to work for a fast growing, awesome company that you love going in to work for.
- The opportunity to do what you love.
- A personalised training program and mentoring to be completely awesome at your role.
- Work with fun, creative and driven employees that love what they do.
- A very competitive salary.
- Access to our bank of psychology, e-commerce and marketing and sales knowledge.
- Access to our library of books, articles and training courses.
- Unlimited fruit and coffee (and on Friday, beer, wine, bubbles, or any alcohol your heart desires).
- Be at the forefront of the digital marketing revolution (we are way ahead of most agencies – what you’ll learn with us, you’ll use forever!)
How to Apply:
Send your CV with a tailored cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org