Senior SEO Executive
Head of SEO
To work alongside the head of SEO in the fulfilment of day to day client campaign activity, ensuring client work is to the highest standard and client retention rates remain high. To utilise your SEO expertise to recommend ways to improve existing client campaigns. To use your SEO expertise to help streamline department processes to help make us become more efficient. To train more junior members of staff in technical SEO.
- To have passed on your technical SEO knowledge to 2-4 junior SEO executives.
- To have helped grow the department in revenue by 30% via the improvement of processes, training and client retention.
- To have improved client reporting so that it is 30% faster and clients are 30% more satisfied with it.
- To have completed your personalised training programme.
- To have identified any knowledge gaps amongst yourself and other team members and to have trained the team and yourself to fill these gaps.
- To have accelerated the growth of all our clients organic campaigns by 15% within 6 months.
This is a full time job and London based position.
The role will involve working alongside the Head of SEO and the wider SEO team across a wide range of projects including ecommerce, global and local based SEO campaigns. Some of the activities you will be conducting include executing technical SEO audits, advanced Screaming Frog crawls, in-depth keyword strategies, onsite SEO fixes, competitor link research, content audits, content strategies, link building campaigns, and more.
You will also use your advanced knowledge of Excel and Google sheets to help improve the efficiency of the SEO department’s processes, whilst training other junior team members in technical SEO processes.
Other tasks you will be involved in include putting high quality proposals together for prospect clients, drilling into Google Analytics for actionable data and helping to define SEO strategies that will lead to successful SEO campaigns.
- Analytical ability. Can think logically on the basis of a set of rules and analyse situations using common sense.
- Attention to Detail. Thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a file.
- Calm under pressure. Maintains stable performance under pressure or stress.
- Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Efficiency. Able to produce work significant output with minimal wasted effort. Creativity /innovation
- Enthusiasm.Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has can-do attitude.
- Follow through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to challenging priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- High standards. Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing less than the best.
- Honesty/Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not what is expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Logical reasoning. Able to understand, analyse and evaluate arguments.
- Multi-tasking. Can effectively juggle and prioritize competing demands.
- Openness to criticism and ideas. Solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Organisation and planning. Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient manner. Focuses on Key priorities
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Pro-activity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the firm.
- Responsiveness. Responds constructively and expediently to client and staff communications and requests.
- Sound Judgment. Capacity to assess situations or circumstances and draw sound conclusions
- Strategic thinking/adaptability. Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Team Player. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with team to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Technological Affinity. Comfortable with and can use current technologies.
- Traditional Intelligence. Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Work ethic. Possesses strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- 2+ years of SEO experience (preferably agency side).
- Deep knowledge of technical SEO and organic search.
- Ability to conduct in-depth technical SEO audits.
- Strong understanding of how to analyse backlink profiles and the ability to take appropriate action via link removal and/or disavowing.
- Ability to conduct competitor SEO analysis to determine successful competitor strategies.
- Well versed in Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager.
- Able to work alongside developers.
- Comfortable working with schema markup.
- Experience of working on large ecommerce sites.
- Experience of working on local and international SEO campaigns.
- Good understanding of link building best practices.
- Able to fully assist on onsite and offsite SEO fixes.
- Good understanding of Screaming Frog, Majestic, Ahrefs and the Moz tool suite.
- Able to conduct in-depth keyword research.
- A strong understanding of web architecture and how this impacts SEO.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Able to develop a plan of action for sites under a Panda penalty.
- Able to help domains recover from manual penalties.
- Up to date with SEO trends and best practices.
- Extremely competent on Excel and Google Sheets and able to write macros and scripts.
- Possess a portfolio of successful SEO campaigns.
- Capable of producing documents that are well written and client ready.
What the job will entail:
- Conducting technical SEO audits on e-commerce sites, B2B, lead generation sites and international domains.
- Implementing onsite SEO fixes utilising 301 redirects, canonical tags, meta data, robots.txt and meta robots tags.
- Data mining Google Analytics and Google Search Console for actionable SEO findings.
- Conducting in-depth keyword research strategies.
- Developing high impact content marketing strategies that drive high quality organic traffic.
- Reverse engineering successful competitor SEO strategies.
- Utilising Screaming Frog and other SEO tools to uncover SEO issues and quick wins.
- Using your advanced knowledge of Excel to improve team processes and output.
- Supporting the Head of Department with forecasting, writing proposals, developing SEO strategies and reviewing department work.
- Training team members in advanced SEO and Excel techniques.
- Utilising Macros to improve the efficiency of the team processes within Google Sheets and Excel.
- Executing client work in a timely manner and to an excellent standard.
- Communicating effectively to both clients and the team.
- Continuing to learn and develop your knowledge of SEO whilst sharing any new knowledge with the team.
The team you will be joining:
We are looking for a driven, hungry individual to join our awesome and already growing team.
On top of this, we want to make sure that each candidate is a good fit within our team and our company culture. We only want to work with candidates that reflect our core beliefs:
- Strive for Excellence, (not mediocrity).
- There is a way around everything. It’s just a matter of finding it.
- Choose growth, not protection.
- Empower & inspire each other.
- Contribute your ideas, don’t simply take orders.
- Stay lean, go fast & break things.
- Never stop learning, be curious & adapt to win.
What you will get:
- To get to work for a fast growing, awesome company that you love going in to work for.
- The opportunity to do what you love.
- A personalised training program and mentoring to be completely awesome at your role.
- Work with fun, creative and driven employees that love what they do.
- A very competitive salary.
- Access to our bank of psychology, e-commerce and marketing and sales knowledge.
- Access to our library of books, articles and training courses.
- Unlimited fruit and coffee (and on Friday, beer, wine, bubbles, or anything your heart desires).
- Be at the forefront of the digital marketing revolution (we are way ahead of most agencies – what you’ll learn with us, you’ll use forever!)
- To work in our cool offices in Covent Garden.
How to Apply:
Send your CV with a tailored cover letter to email@example.com